Thursday 19 April 2012

Twirly Girls




I found a very simple and easy tutorial a few days ago. It was so simple that I wondered why I hadn't thought of it myself! And here it is!





 I wanted to make a newborn skirt, so i followed the link to get the tutorial, but followed the measurements from the first page.


 I made the skirt 17" around without much thought, and 8.5" down. I made this one a bubble skirt. So I made it 17" for the length and folded it in half, then followed the directions as normal. Pretty cute don't you think?!?



WAYYYYY too big for a new born though. So big, that it actually fits Isabel (my 18 month old) perfectly. She wore it to the play gym on Sunday.

 




So my recommendation for a newborn is 12-13" around. I made a second one from a fat quarter, 14" elastic (1" of that will be overlapped), 26" around for the material and 7" for the length of the skirt. The skirt is so cute! I tried it on one of Imogens life sized baby dolls and it fits perfectly. So cute!








I am going to make a few more, probably for baby Charlotte. They are so quick and easy, but so adorable.
And finally here is a picture of Miss-Big-Girl-Imogen


Go forth and sew!


1 comment:

  1. You are SO right, My "newborn" skirt is still fitting my almost 1 year old. Great recommendation.

    ReplyDelete